<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 10, 2007

We're not unreasonable 



Van's out of town this week and I (foolishly) failed to make the appropriate social preparations. The last time I was out of town for a week she filled her entire calendar with parties, dinners and movies with friends.

Me? I stayed home the whole weekend recuperating from fever and flu and watching Shrek the Third.

The silver lining on all of this was threefold:
  • I made further headway on Nassim Nicholas Taleb's The Black Swan, the most arrogant, irritating and mind blowing book I've read in recent memory. On which, more later.
  • I discovered the brilliant, and certainly somewhat insane, Jonathan Coulton, who is the songwriter I wish I became and the musician I certainly would never have become. I obtained some of his tracks (the first time I recall willingly shelling out $5 for downloaded music) for a Christmas CD to give to friends.
  • I managed to get my USB Guitar cable to work, being inspired by said somewhat insane musician to write a song about... well, something.
The JoCo thing was somewhat random - Facebook Slayers was down and the creators linked to the Re: Your Brains video (above): instant win!
I’d like to help you Tom, in any way I can
I sure appreciate the way you’re working with me
I’m not a monster Tom, well, technically I am
I guess I am...

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.





We only listen when we are ready to talk. We only talk when we can no longer stay silent.


links



archives



Search the archives here. (This opens a Technorati search)