<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 26, 2007

The seventh circle 

I've always believed that "Hell is other people", while trite, is true to some extent: nothing makes me suffer more than the company of people who I despise (or despise me). Being alone in an inhospitable environment will do less harm to you than being forced to share breathing space with others who view you as an annoyance or (far more likely) a threat.

I've been enduring my own version of Dante's Inferno this morning: I am blogging from the waiting room of the French Embassy visa section, about 35 places away from my number being called. I've had to put myself through this a number of times before but it never gets any easier.

What is wrong with the visa system, the innate xenophobic tendencies of the west, and the sheer bloody inconvenience of it all; I could spend pages and pages on all of this. Suffice it to say, this will be the last visit in a long, long while. And it IS a day off work. Small mercies.

Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.





We only listen when we are ready to talk. We only talk when we can no longer stay silent.


links



archives



Search the archives here. (This opens a Technorati search)