<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 28, 2006

Alone on the Danube 

[travel]
You know it's been a busy month when the prospect of leaving your airconditioned spa hotel to go home to a heat wave is something you actually look forward to. Two cities over three weeks and I'm starting to see the world in beige. Beige curtains, walls, the color of the hotel sheets and of the permalit architecture of Budapest.

Which I mostly got to see from afar.


Between dinners with a twice-divorced, fiftysomething colleague whose only wish is to retire early (imagine the fun!) and running repeated tests on SAP email, the days just FLY by. I didn't get as many chances to wander round as I did in Prague - nor did I have the inclination, unlike in Prague, when I at least had someone to walk around with. Thank god for the luxuries in life: a decent swimming pool (finally! with a jacuzzi even), a good book (from Hazel) and a free(loaded) Wifi connection in the hotel.

Which was just as well, because the whole week I've been having trouble sleeping - the Corinthia Aquincum beds being nowhere near as comfortable as the Renaissance Prague. I should get that Travelodge bloke to tell them off. One pillow is nowhere near enough, especially if it's as thin and fluff-less as bathroom tissue.

Ah but I'm rambling. Yes Budapest is beautiful. I would have loved to be in it, instead of admiring it from a taxi window.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.





We only listen when we are ready to talk. We only talk when we can no longer stay silent.


links



archives



Search the archives here. (This opens a Technorati search)