<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Morning in Budapest 

[tags: _travel]
As I write this, we are freshening up after a night of exploring the gothic wonders of Budapest from both sides of the Danube. Thanks to Marie, we are holed up in an impressive flat minutes from the city district, making coffee out of an ancient espresso pot and packing up for tonight's Sziget festivities.

I thought I'd never make it, with BA scuttling my travel plans for Friday. That's another story entirely. For now, I'm just happy to be here. It's a fantastic city, the castles on the Buda side even more amazing at night, the cafes on the Pest side as gauché as anything in Paris or Amsterdam (don't tell Marie that!)

This morning, I just need to recover from that diabolical flaming absinthe served up to me last night... washed down with Riesling and chips. Ü

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.





We only listen when we are ready to talk. We only talk when we can no longer stay silent.


links



archives



Search the archives here. (This opens a Technorati search)